Create a personalized tour experience
When taking a personalized tour, a visitor selects themes they are interested in about student life, academics and general campus interests. In turn, a personalized tour is created just for them which focuses on these themes.
On the institution side, all you have to do is associate pieces of content (known as Content Headings) to themes (know as Tags). You will have the ability to create your own tags, or simply use our pre-loaded list of commonly used tags.
On the user side, they receive a tour fit for them full of their specific interests. The best!
Why do we recommend launching with a personalized tour?
- Create a tour experience that focuses on personalization. Typically, this is based off of general campus tour content that has tags added
- Include a curated tour that covers the general institution information
- Follow a brainstorming process that allows subsequent, focused curated tours to be easily created from the information already collected
1. Identify your core team.
- Who is leading the information collection?
- Who is putting the information into the tour content system?
- Student ambassadors
- Assign specific tasks such as: filming student testimonials with their phones, picking the emojis to go with each content heading, asking them about key talking points that should be used in the tour, sending images for locations
- Social media
- Ask current and potential students what they want to learn about on campus using social media. Think: polls on your story, a post requesting student submissions to win a prize, posts in current and future student Facebook groups
- Department leads
- Listen to what the other departments leads would like to highlight for potential students.